Anxiety · Fitness · Life · Life Struggles

I need a whole lot of Jesus today

Happy FRIDAY!!! We made it to the end of the week guys! Woo hoo! I am looking forward to tomorrow afternoon to officially start off my weekend, even though I don’t really have any plans. (As usual). Do you have any fun plans? OMG. I just realized it is the LAST weekend in August. How in the world is Labor Day weekend next weekend?

Today, I need a whole lot of Jesus (and coffee). Why, you ask? Well, I have a series of events to share with you all today, so hear me out.

First, I went to the bathroom around like 7:45 last night, only to push the knob to flush the toilet and it doesn’t work. Broken. Again. This is like the 5th time this has happened to me since living here. I am annoyed. I couldn’t call Michael because he was at work, but I know he would be home probably in an hour and a half(ish) at that point, so no big deal, I huffed and puffed and asked Jesus WHYYYYYY this always happens to me when Michael is at work, he probably laughed at me. But I also thanked Him that it was only pee in the toilet. I mean, if not it would have been prettttyyyyyy bad. So, whatever.

And then, the main event:

Picture me, sitting on the couch after just folding and putting away the clean laundry, watching Real Housewives of New York City reunion part 1 episode (I hate how most of the ladies were coming after Bethenny. I love her. End of story.) as a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, fly starts buzzing around my living room. Now people, I’m sure you think I am exaggerating when I say that it was huge, but I really mean it. The thing looked like a gigantic bumble bee, except it was a fly, and it was so HUGE I could hear it in the other room. So, I started freaking out. I grabbed the Windex (Windex cleans/kills/fixes everything, right?) and tried to start spraying the sucker, but silly me, I thought Windex was going to hurt a fly as big as my nose? No such luck. The thing kept flying around, stopping on the walls and just hanging out. I’m then crying out to the Lord asking him WHY IS THIS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! I’m sure it was a hilarious scene now that I think about it, but in the moment I was just feeling so upset and freaked out that these (not really large, I know) things were happening to me in the matter of like 10 minutes.

So I FaceTime my sister and started freaking out to her since she obviously understood my issues here. For a whole hour I was running around the house chasing this thing, screaming, sweating, and holding the phone as I am on FaceTime. It wasn’t pretty. In between all that madness, I closed all the doors to block it from going into any other rooms besides the living room and kitchen, and opened two of the doors to leave the house….the other problem is to get outside, you need to open another door after both of those. So, each exit in our house involves two doors to exit out of, do you get it? Anyways, I somehow became the fly whisperer (or more like fly screamer, whatever) and trapped it in between one of those two doors. Problem solved? Well no. When it’s time to open the door the fly would get right back in here, because that door isn’t the one to outside, so I did what I thought was smart, in the moment. I went outside my front set of two doors, all still while on FaceTime with my sister, to go open the other door to where the fly was to hopefully let it out free into the world….but it was gone? I couldn’t find it? It was clearly in a very good hiding spot because the thing was large enough for anyone to see, but I couldn’t find it. I told Michael to be careful of letting this humungous fly into our house when he got home from work.

Anyways, I came back into the house to lock the doors back up and see a SPIDER LOOKING THING with a million legs crawling on the kitchen floor. WHAT IS HAPPENING? Why why why? I was convinced I was in for more, so I was panicked. My sister was cracking up at all of this and wished she could have recorded our whole FaceTime conversation because I was hilarious apparently. (Now that I think about it, it was hilarious). A little while later, I calmed down and got off the phone and apologized to my sister for being a crazy lunatic because of a fly, but she said it was the most entertaining thing ever. HAHA. You’re welcome. 😉

Michael finally got home from work later on (later than usual, AH!) and all was fine because he said he couldn’t see the fly either so it probably got out into the world since we didn’t see it in our house. He also fixed the toilet so now we can flush the thing again (until next time, but please Jesus let there be no next time)…YAY for now! Thanks babe!

So, we went to sleep and then this morning Michael woke up earlier than me to go to work, but I warned him of the fly once again and asked him to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn’t get back into the house. He leaves. I get out of bed, walk into the kitchen, only to find the F’ing HUGE FLY back into our house on the kitchen window. Now I am freaking out once again, I start spraying the thing with Windex so it will stop it from flying around the house, which somehow worked in that moment. I did what any other person in panic would do, I grabbed the vacuum and vacuumed that baby up. (Totally normal, right?) Sorry fly, I tried to give you a good life and let you leave the house but you came right back in here asking for it. I am just praying there is no way for the thing to escape the vacuum now that it is in there?? I told Michael he will have to empty the thing outside when he gets home from work later or tomorrow…but seriously, I am a little freaked thinking this fly will come buzzing out of the vacuum at any time. AHH!

Anyways, I am very glad that I caught that sucker and it is no longer flying around our place. I hate bugs. I especially hate when bugs are in our house….especially huge ones like that.

After that whole fiasco this morning with the fly getting sucked into the vacuum, I got my workout on. I started with a 15 minute ab and arm circuit, and then hopped on the treadmill for a 3.5 mile run. I mixed in some sprints, and then walked for the last five minutes to cool down.

All was great until I began typing this blog post up (sipping on my Teami Skinny Tea) and realized I had to get my butt in the shower and get ready for the day. I hate rushing. Rushing gives me anxiety and makes me panic, and at that point I would have to rush to get ready since I totally wasn’t keeping track of time. To be honest, I was already feeling anxious to begin with, so this just intensified it. I took a fast shower but of course today was the day I needed to wash my hair (I don’t wash it everyday, I try to wash it every 3 or 4 days), and that adds an extra 20 minutes of me blow drying and straightening my hair. AHHH! I was rushing around and finally left to get a coffee (after adding money on my Dunkin’ card in the App right before leaving), only to wait in the drive thru line for 10 minutes and getting up to the speaker to be told they are not able to take App payments today. WHAT!?! Now, if I was smart I wouldn’t have an issue with that because I would bring my wristlet with me, but when I get coffee in the morning I just bring me, my keys, and my phone…I never bring cash, or my cards. So, I had to drive to another Dunkin’ a little further away from my house, and got stuck behind a slowwwwww driver all the way there. At that point I was huffing and puffing and actually yelling in the car. I called my Mom to tell her I was running late and would probably be late to work. But then, since my phone is connected to my car, somehow the music starts playing from my playlist on my phone and Caleb & Kelsey’s Oceans/You Make Me Brave song comes on and it’s okay. To tell you the truth, I really don’t know why or how this started playing, because it isn’t at the top of a playlist or anything, and usually I have to manually change the setting to play my phone music. So, I took it as a sign.

I was so anxious and panicked, but once I started singing my heart out (literally, people in other cars must have thought I was a looney), I then gave my panic and anxiousness to Jesus….and I was okay. I am praying there is no more bugs, flies, spiders, broken toilets, etc. to get me all worked up again today. I think I had enough for now. (Believe it or not, there was a small(er) fly in my car while driving to work this morning. WHAT IS HAPPENING?? I stopped literally on the road and opened all of the doors to get that thing out of my car…it worked, but ENOUGH!!)

For all of these reasons, I definitely need a whole lot of Jesus today. Like A LOT.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, with no issues whatsoever!! Xoxo


Leave a Reply