Hey friends! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope your week started off well!
I had such a good day yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful outside! It reached mid-60’s,, the sun was shining, and I think we all forgot what winter felt like. It definitely felt odd being outside without a jacket (who am I?) but it was just so nice! Today is supposed to be another beautiful day, but don’t worry, we won’t be blessed with this for long..it’s going to be back to freezing soon. But for now, I’ll take this little tease!
Since I shared a bit yesterday that I have been having a bit of anxiety lately, I figured I would share some tips on how I deal with it/calm it down for this week’s Ten Things Tuesday!
Ten Things Tuesday:
Ten Things I do to help calm my anxiety
- Pray. There is NOTHING more calming than talking to God and being in His presence. Whenever I feel a bit of anxiousness/stress/whatever it may be, I just talk to Him…and I feel a million times better.
- Workout. Sweating helps shut my brain off. Especially since I started doing these obé workouts, I have been turning to working out to calm me down more than ever. The trainers at obé are super motivating and most of the time shout out inspirational sayings to help you get in the right mindset. It’s the BEST way to start out my day.
- Read. I love getting lost in a good book.
- Write. Writing it so therapeutic for me. Whether it be journal writing or blog writing, it really helps.
- Spend time with people I love and who love me back…especially my husband. He is really good at figuring out if I am feeling anxious or stressed and doesn’t ever make me feel like I am less than for feeling that way or make me feel like it’s my fault or anything. He’s usually also really good at giving me lots of love and tickles which definitely calms me down.
- Watch one of my favorite movies. Of course, this usually includes Christmas favorites, Disney favorites, or something from the Hallmark Channel.
- Listen to music. THIS 100%! Music is everything. Just like how you can get lost in a book, you can most certainly get lost in a song.
- Dance to said music. Why be moody when you can shake your booty? I promise you that you cannot stay in a yucky mood once you let loose, shake and dance! I also promise that if you have a dance party when having anxiety ,you won’t feel so anxious after.
- Lay down in bed. I know it seems kind of weird to just lay in bed, in silence, with the lights off during the day or whatever time of day, but it really does help me. Especially when I feel like the world is spinning around me and the weight on my shoulders is too heavy…laying in my bed can be so comforting. You know that feeling when you feel so worn out, you fall into your bed, and pull the covers up to your face? MMMM. Heaven.
- SLOW DOWN and BREATHE. I find that my anxiety is higher when I feel rushed or feel like I have so much to do and so little time or when I feel like I am not in control, and sometimes my anxiety is higher and I don’t know why. When I just slow down and take time to BREAHTE (like literally focusing on breathing in and out several times) it usually makes me feel better.
There are other things that I do to help lower my anxiety when I feel overwhelmed, but these are pretty much my top 10 that have helped me. What about you? If you experience any type of anxiety or feel overwhelmed with stress what is one thing you do to help calm down? Share it with me! 🙂
Have a beautiful day! Xoxo