Daily Life · Date Night · Dinner · Doctors · Eats · Faith · Family · Fitness · Food · Health · Healthy Lifestyle · Life · Married Life · Night Out · Obe Fitness · Vegan · Weekend · Weekend Recap · Working Out · Workout

Weekend Recap 11/12/19: A 4 Day Weekend!

Goooood morning! I hope you had a great weekend! I am coming at you on Tuesday instead of Monday because well, yesterday was still a weekend day for me because of Veteran’s Day and I was HERE FOR IT! I hope you had the opportunity to thank some veteran’s for their service and if you are reading this and are a veteran yourself I want to say a big huge thank you to you for serving!

I hope you had a great weekend! My weekend included lots of time with my husband which I was so happy about! I don’t remember the last time we got to spend 4 whole days together without him having to go to work, so I was trying to soak it all up even though it was a low key kind of weekend, but really my favorite kind. It was a good weekend indeed, if we could do a little rewind and go back now, that would be fannnnnntastic.

I’m popping in this morning, feeling super duper sleepy and not ready to go to work (ugh, real life), to share a weekend recap with you!

Weekend Recap 11/12/19: A 4 Day Weekend


The day began nice and early when I woke up early enough to get in an obé class before getting ready to leave for Michael’s stem cell procedure. I chose to do a 45 minute sculpt class for a workout, then took a shower, chugged coffee, and before I knew it we were on the road to Framingham. If you don’t remember, Michael tore his lateral meniscus and needed surgery a couple months ago, but during recovery he re-injured himself and tore it once again. The doctor did not recommend surgery again so Michael took the route of getting stem cells & PRP in his knee. The procedure of getting stem cells that he went with was kinddddd of torture, and here I am saying this and didn’t even experience any of it I had just heard it happening because I was in the other room next to him; they got the stem cells through his bone marrow which was the worst part of it, and the plasma (for prp) just from his blood through a normal IV. Michael is so strong and so brave, he literally never complains or shows any sign of pain or weakness or anything but I could hear it in his voice that he was having a litttttle bit of a hard time with the bone marrow part. Luckily he made it out without vomiting (omg guys, if you know, then you know I would have had a huge panic attack if that happened) or fainting. The guy is tough! I would have FREAKED out, well I kind of was just waiting there for him but that’s a whole other story and doesn’t even matter. Haha. Anyways, we were at the appointment for about 4 hours but the actual procedure didn’t take too long; first they took his blood (for the plasma), then the bone marrow part, which was probably like 30-45 minutes (for the stem cells), then it took close to two hours for them to spin all of the blood or whatever they do to get the stem cells & plasma out, and the last part was injecting the stem cells & the PRP into his knee which I guess according to Michael didn’t hurt. I know that I definitely could not get that done and I am so very thankful that I don’t HAVE to get it done, or have to get anything with bone marrow done. Seriously, thanking Jesus right now.

Anyways, like I said, Michael is such a brave and strong man, he walked out of there like nothing even happened and all smiles. The doctor informed him he may be in some pain after but he never complained about the pain or anything, just of his back. Now that, is another story. He totally hurt his back the day before the procedure (Thursday) and woke up Friday morning literally crooked and unable to move like how he normally does, I guess you could say he was moving around at Grandpa speed (lol, love you babe); very slow and very crooked as mentioned. So that was the only pain he felt, really all weekend long, poor guy, but other than his back hurting, his knee felt pretty good and there was no pain. We were (are) hopeful that this stem cell thing works and heals his knee!

Once we got home, Michael rested while I did some laundry, drank some coffee, and caught a live dance cardio class on obé before going to grocery store, you know…wifey duties. Well really, I was on wifey duty all weekend but in reality I am always on wifey duty! I just love being a wife! The best!!

But what I don’t love is the freezing cold that we are now experiencing. (I made my Dad take this photo, haha!! Thanks Daddy!)

Michael and I spent our Friday night snuggling and watching some of our DVR’d shows before going to bed! My kind of Friday night!


Saturday’s are my new favorite day of the week: no work, no church, nothing to do and nowhere to be really! I woke up at 7:50 (oh my gosh, it felt so glorious to wake up this late) just in time for my first workout classes to begin at 8. I actually had an obé-a-thon all morning, starting with sculpt & cardio boxing, continuing with strength & dance HIIT after some coffee, and finishing with sculpt & yoga sculpt by noon. It was the best time of my life. I think I took for granted the days that I could obé whenever I wanted when I wasn’t working, and now that I can only do the 6 & 6:30 am classes before work I reeeeally see how great it was to not work, HAHA. (Well, being able to workout whenever I wanted and other things, of course).

After all of those classes, I showered and relaxed with Michael for a little bit of the afternoon before we headed out to run a couple errands. The apple orchard is open on weekends still and still have a couple varieties of bagged apples so you KNOW that is where we were, however the apples are starting to not taste so good since it is the end of the season. Whomp whomp.

By the time we got home, it was back to relaxing and hanging out for about an hour before getting ready to head out for a date night with his coworkers. They had planned to go to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Burlington, MA., which if you have been reading for a while will know that is one of my favorites because they have everything so everyone is happy when eating there (especially me, since they always get my picky/vegan food modifications right). But we didn’t end up going to there because it was a 2 hour wait for our party size of 6 adults and 1 child, so we went to Tuscan Kitchen, an Italian restaurant, both Michael and I have never been there before so we had no idea what kind of a place it was but it was really nice inside!

For dinner I just ordered a salad because I didn’t feel like asking a bunch of questions or having them make accommodations for me since we were with his coworkers and I don’t know, I just didn’t want to make a fuss about anything so I stuck to a normal looking salad on their menu, which came with romaine, tomatoes, fennel, and some vinaigrette on the side. Michael ordered the chicken parmigiana, which he said it was “okay”, kind of reminded me of Olive Garden (bad of me to say? No, just being honest), but it was a good time and we would probably go there again. We were so glad they could fit us in on a Saturday night, even though they did say the table we sat at was “reserved an hour later”. After dinner we actually just came back home as his coworkers were heading to the Burlington Mall and we didn’t think it was a good idea for us to walk around the mall when Michael’s back was hurting him. We made it home by 8 and happily went to bed by 9:30, like usual. Haha 😉


I started the day with two replay classes on obé; cardio boxing (my new favorite) and a dance cardio class! As any normal Sunday around here, Michael and I went to church and I was so happy he came with me even though his back was hurting.

Once we were home from church, Michael relaxed while I went to Target with my Mama and bought all the things. They have great Christmas candles and Christmas coffee mugs right now! I bought two candles and have four of their Christmas mugs! They are too cute! After that, I went to my sister and brother in law’s house to snuggle and play with my nephews. They are just so cute and I cannot get enough of them, per usual.

I came home after that to do some laundry, clean, and hang out with Michael. He actually napped for most of the evening until bedtime so I put on Hallmark and watched some Christmas movies before bed.


Just like Saturday, I was so excited to have an obé-a-thon in the morning since I didn’t have to be at work. YAY! I started with two sculpt classes, followed by a dance cardio class after some coffee, and finished with another sculpt and dance cardio class. It was so much fun!

The afternoon was spent visiting my parents, meeting my cousin Lindsey at Starbucks where I bought some Christmas reusable coffee cups, and a super cute coffee mug, and going to the grocery store.

Not much else happened yesterday, besides more wifey duties of going to the chiropractor with Michael, cleaning, and laundry, and spending the night watching some of our DVR’d shows. 🙂

And now…it is back to reality and back to work for me. Blah! I know some of you actually like working, but I am not one of those people. I guess maybe if you actually like it, than you must be in a great place for you! The good news is it is only a 4 day week now since it is already Tuesday, but sometimes that makes it seem to be even longer for me sometimes. To be honest, I am a little grouchy this morning, I don’t even know why, okay I do know why: WORK. I am tired and I just don’t want to, but hey that’s what being an adult is right? It’s okay to not be okay but I know that I can’t stay like this, I am a happy person and I need to get my happy back right now. I am definitely going to lean on God more this week to give me strength and give me joy because I could really use some right now.

I hope you have a great day! XOXO

What did you do this past weekend?
Did you put your Christmas decorations up yet?!

Leave a Reply